There are many different types of electric heat that can be used on our service. These include baseboards, cove heat, wall units, unit heaters, boilers, and electric furnaces.
Please call and visit with Anne about what options would be best for your situation.
- McLean Electric will only sub meter 240 Volt electrical heating circuits. The Cooperative will not control these circuits.
- To qualify for the electric heat rate, the member will need to purchase a sub-meter socket and CT from the McLean Electric. The cost of those items is $100.00 plus tax.
- All electric heat energy on the sub meter will qualify for the heating rate of 5.5¢ per/KWH. A fee of $3/month per sub meter and the installation of the sub meter is performed by McLean Electric.
- This is a non-controllable heat rate, which means McLean Electric will not turn off the electric heat at any time.
- Electric Use Assistance: Contact the office for information and help for your electrical needs.
- Co-op personnel will do all meter installations. Entire service panels are not allowed to be CT'ed - only individual heat circuits.
- The Electric Heat Rate of 5.5¢ is only available from October 1st through April 30th. During the summer months any electric heat usage will be billed at the regular 11.24¢ rate.